Returns, Exchanges and Payment Options
We accept Cash, Debit, Visa, Mastercard and MRU Bookstore gift cards.
Note: We will only refund to the original Debit/Visa/Mastercard that was used for the purchase. Merchandise purchased in-store with a gift card may be returned for an exchange or a gift card based on the purchase price.
New & Used Course Material (Textbooks)
All returned & exchanges must be accompanied by the original cash register receipt or online order invoice receipt. No exceptions.
You may receive a full refund or exchange on textbooks if the following conditions are met:
- New textbooks must be in new condition, as determined by the MRU Bookstore staff.
- New textbooks that are not in new condition can be returned for a 25% less as the textbook cannot be sold as a new textbook because of the condition. Based on refund policy date.
- Used textbooks returned in condition they were purchased
- Textbooks may be returned for refund or exchanged by the add/drop date for that term. All textbooks purchased after the add/drop date are final sale. This applies to the term.
- Merchandise must be in original packaging. No refunds or exchanges if shrink wrap is removed.
- Unopenend access codes
- MRU print materials (course packs) are not returnable unless you drop the course. Proof of dropped class is required and must fall in return policy
Customers are responsible for checking the condition of their books at
the time of purchase. We are not responsible for the condition of the
book once it has left the store.
Courses more than eight weeks (Continuing Education classes)
- Textbooks may be returned 7 days from the day of purchase with a receipt.
Courses less than eight weeks (Continuing Education classes)
- Textbooks may be returned before the start of the first class with a receipt
- Some conditions apply to the return & refund of eBooks and are determined by the policy established by the distributor.
Leisure Reading & Reference Materials
The MRU Bookstore will provide a full refund within 7 days with a receipt. Books must be in new condition, as determined by the MRU Bookstore staff.
Gifts & Clothing
- The return policy is 7 days from the date of purchase to return any gift or clothing item, excluding sale items.
- A receipt from the original purchase is required for any return.
- Clothing cannot be returned after it has been worn, soiled, damaged or stained. All tags must be on the garment and not removed.
- Merchandise must be in new condition as determined by the MRU Bookstore staff.
- The time period for returns may be extended if requested upon purchase.
- All software sales are final sale.
Refunds will not be given on the following products:
- bus passes and bus tickets
- sale or discounted items, or any item marked final sale
- dictionaries & thesauruses
- opened access codes
- sealed merchandise that has been opened
- course packs
- computer & electronic accessories - unopened
- lab coats & scrubs (hygienic purposes)
- nursing kits and instruments
- food & beverages
- gift cards
- pecial orders & custom orders
- personal care products (hygienic purposes)
- clothing without the original tags
- Underwear, socks, hate, toques, earrings, headphones, ear buds (hygienic purposes)
Defective or Damaged
- Defective or damaged products may be exchanged for the same product.