Selling Used Textbooks
Our buyback program will resume January 16th, 2017 and will run daily
We have an expanded BuyBack 3 times per year on Main Street; at the beginning of Fall semster, the end of Fall semester and the end of Winter semester.
Check here for the current schedule
Quick Notes about how this works:
- When a book is being used at MRU for the next term, we are able to offer students up to 50% of the new price.
- When a book is needed by another Canadian institution, we are able to offer up to 30% of the new price.
- When a book is purchased for a used book wholesaler, we are able to offer approximately 10-30% of the new price.
- Photo ID and Credit/Debit cards are required, the Buyback is Cashless
- If you cannot find your book in the buyback listings, it may be part of a package and the entire package must be sold together.
Sell or check your book
Tell us which books you want to sell and we'll tell you how much we can give you for them.
Want to be notified when we're buying your books back? Sign up for Buyback Alerts. Or try the Used Books Classifieds to buy and sell books privately between students.
Click here for BuyBack alerts / Used book classifieds
Sometimes we may not be buying a book because the class is only taught once a year. In other cases, a book is replaced by a newer edition or by an alternate choice from another publisher. If you are not satisfied with the price offered, you may want to check back later or register your books privately between students.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions about how this works? Have a look at our FAQ on our Used Book Buyback page for detailed info.